Orlando Baptist Temple cares about the health and safety of our people. Because we care, we take special measures to make sure we are being good stewards of the people that God has given us. We understand that Florida is currently a hotspot for the Coronavirus, and although we were closed during the initial wave of the virus, OBT is currently operational and functioning. Here is what we are doing to make sure that we are doing our part in making sure that our people are healthy as they convene with us for worship:
1. Masks are required.
2. Enter and exit signs are marked to help the flow of traffic.
3. No nursery or split classes are currently provided.
4. Sunday school and worship is meeting in the sanctuary.
5. The sanctuary is disinfected after every service.
6. Giving is done in person, as well as online, but the plate is not passed. There is a deacon or trustee with a plate at the end of the service for those who wish to give in person.
7. There is no come forward invitiation.
8. There is no handshake song.
9. Pews are marked off on every other row, and only two families per pew depending on the size of both families.
10. All non-used wings are closed off until further notice.
Because we are a small church, we see no need to worship via remote. In the event that someone contracts the virus and attends service, a two-week hiatus will follow as everyone will need to be tested.
This is a trying time, and we miss all of our members who are yet to return. We encourage you to return at your convenience, and that you stay home if you are not feeling well. Although we are not functioning at full capacity, we remain encouraged.
We love you all tremendously.
Pastor & Mrs. Small